Mechanics’ liens are a great tool available to contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and laborers to ensure payment for work, materials and/or services provided. However, filing a fraudulent lien has costly consequences, including jail time. CONTINUE READING...
Author Archives: Joshua Miron
- Attorneys' fees
- Design Professionals
- Designer Liability
- Expert Science
- Forum Selection
- General Liability
- Offers of Judgment
- Prevailing Party
- Statute of limitations
- Statute of repose
- Unlicensed Contracting
- Unlicensed Contractor – Who Me?
- Forum Selection Clauses – Mandatory v. Permissive
- Forum Selection Clause v. Miller Act Venue Provision: Where to Litigate?
- First Cost and Betterment – Two Types of Defenses against Claims for Construction Damages
- Does the catalyst theory for recovery of attorneys’ fees apply to settlement agreements? (Does it apply, at all?)