In the last six years, the Department of Transportation, acting through the Office of Inspector General, the Justice Department, and state and local investigative agencies, has actively cracked down on fraudulent disadvantaged business enterprise arrangements and their participants. CONTINUE READING...
Author Archives: Jennifer Sommerville
POSTED: August 11, 2017
TAGS: Board of Contracting, contractor, DBE, Department of Transportation, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, DOT, federal regulations, MBE, Minority Business Enterprise, Office of the Inspector General, OIG, restitution, subcontractor
AUTHOR: Jennifer Sommerville
POSTED: October 05, 2016
TAGS: construction, daubert, expert, expert witness, florida evidence code, frye, litigation, science, scientific evidence, testifying, witness
Almost 200 public comments were filed by attorneys and private companies, all weighing in on the Daubert v. Frye standards. CONTINUE READING...
- Attorneys' fees
- Design Professionals
- Designer Liability
- Expert Science
- Forum Selection
- General Liability
- Offers of Judgment
- Prevailing Party
- Statute of limitations
- Statute of repose
- Unlicensed Contracting
- Unlicensed Contractor – Who Me?
- Forum Selection Clause v. Miller Act Venue Provision: Where to Litigate?
- Forum Selection Clauses – Mandatory v. Permissive
- First Cost and Betterment – Two Types of Defenses against Claims for Construction Damages
- Does the catalyst theory for recovery of attorneys’ fees apply to settlement agreements? (Does it apply, at all?)