Sometimes unlicensed contracting is as simple as failing to make sure your subcontractors are licensed in their respective trades. Sometimes it's not so obvious. Why does this matter? Because you could be facing an administrative, civil or criminal action. CONTINUE READING...
Category Archives: Unlicensed Contracting
- Attorneys' fees
- Design Professionals
- Designer Liability
- Expert Science
- Forum Selection
- General Liability
- Offers of Judgment
- Prevailing Party
- Statute of limitations
- Statute of repose
- Unlicensed Contracting
- Unlicensed Contractor – Who Me?
- Forum Selection Clause v. Miller Act Venue Provision: Where to Litigate?
- Forum Selection Clauses – Mandatory v. Permissive
- First Cost and Betterment – Two Types of Defenses against Claims for Construction Damages
- The Beneficiaries of “Pay-if-Paid” Clauses in Construction Contracts