Shutts’ Construction Law Blog analyzes and discusses laws, regulations, recent news and trends affecting the construction industry with a particular emphasis on Florida law and practice. The blog is written for construction litigators, design professionals, contractors, owners, developers, engineers and others in the construction field. Our experienced authors will cover legal issues relating to code enforcement, construction contracts and licensing, bids, delays, defects, insurance, permits, liability and more. Sign up today to receive email updates to your inbox. Have feedback or suggestions? Email us anytime. Thanks for reading!
- Attorneys' fees
- Design Professionals
- Designer Liability
- Expert Science
- Forum Selection
- General Liability
- Offers of Judgment
- Prevailing Party
- Statute of limitations
- Statute of repose
- Unlicensed Contracting
- Unlicensed Contractor – Who Me?
- Forum Selection Clause v. Miller Act Venue Provision: Where to Litigate?
- Forum Selection Clauses – Mandatory v. Permissive
- First Cost and Betterment – Two Types of Defenses against Claims for Construction Damages
- The Beneficiaries of “Pay-if-Paid” Clauses in Construction Contracts